Clutha Development is the economic development agency, as well as the Regional Tourism Organisation for the Clutha District. Our focus is on developing and supporting initiatives that will make the Clutha District a place where people love to live, work, invest and visit.
Our key areas of focus are:
- Attracting external investment into our district - creating business and employment opportunities. For example, Kaitangata House and Land package, KiwiBuild opportunities, as well as the Clutha Gold Cycle Trail.
- Business support services - regular visits to businesses in the district, providing information, training and networking opportunities. For example, the introduction of an HR network in the Clutha District; and assisting with resource consent applications for working in waterways.
- Provide support to primary sector projects. For example, the creation of Otago South River Care project which engages our Communities to protect and enhance water quality now and for future generations.
- Jobs in the Clutha District - jobs are listed on the Jobs Portal of our website, shared on Clutha's Live and Work Facebook page, and we work alongside our job seekers.
- Destination Management - managing the growing numbers of visitors to the Clutha District, focusing on marketing, planning and sustainable development of tourism.
- Provide support to district strategies; Clutha Living and Working Strategy, and Clutha Economic Development Strategy.
The Clutha District is home to a range of businesses including:
- Silver Fern Farms - Finegand Plant near Balclutha
- Fonterra - Stirling
- Calder Stewart Industries - Milton
- Danone Nutricia, Clutha Health First - Balclutha
- Pan Pac - near Milton
- Road Transport Logistics (RTL) in Tapanui
Growing Your Business
If you're looking to develop your business, start up a new business, or wondering about available training and funding options, contact Clutha Development today to see how we can help.
Meet The Clutha Development Team