Education Co-ordinator, Support Worker and Sleepover Positions – Balclutha and Gore
Due to our growing team, Gore & Clutha Women’s are seeking passionate and skilled individuals to join our team working with families and whanau who experience family violence.
We have multiple positions available within our services which include crisis intervention, emergency accommodation, an outreach service, women’s and children education programmes and working with families who are transitioning to living violence free.
The ideal candidates would need to have:
• Previous experience, training or qualified in Social Work is preferred but not essential.
• Information gathering and analysis at intake and investigation phases
• Good communication skills and a demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality are essential.
• Work with families, communities, other agencies and professionals to protect women, children and young persons.
• An ability to engage and empathise with clients and to establish working relationships with agencies, voluntary groups and individuals.
• A commitment to work co-operatively as part of a team, and to be flexible in a changing work environment.
• Providing programmes and essential skills training for our families
• An understanding of the dynamics of family violence.
• An understanding of and commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi
• Full clean driver’s licence.
Position hours are varied depending on the position and experience. An appointment is subject to Police vetting. Short term accommodation available.
For further information or to apply please email or send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any queries please phone Ashleigh Martin, Team Leader on 027 4422 137
Applications close Friday 5th June, 2020 at 5pm