As the warmer weather comes to an end, and the days start to get a little cooler, it is the perfect time to get out and about and see the beautiful autumn colours across the Clutha District. Here are our top 5 places:
1. Lawrence is known for its beautiful display of autumn colours. The best spots in Lawrence are Gabriels Gully and nearby Greys Dam, and Bellview Wetlands (open weekends).
Greys Dam, Lawrence
2. Clutha Gold Cycling and Walking Trail
- a 73km trail, taking you through rolling farmland, following the Clutha River. You will be riding through the stunning display of autumn leaves.
Clutha Gold Cycling and Walking Trail
3. Naish Park
in Balclutha has a beautiful display of autumn colours throughout the park. From here, you can view the bird aviary, let the kids explore the playground or take a stroll along the Blair Athol Walkway
Naish Park, Balclutha
4. There are many short walks to choose from in The Catlins, with an array of waterfalls hidden in the forest. Autumn is the perfect time to see not only the picturesque waterfalls, but the changing colours on the surrounding trees.
Horseshoe Falls, The Catlins
5. Along the banks of the Clutha River
Balclutha Bridge over the Clutha River