With the school holidays around the corner, we have picked our favourite activities across the Clutha District that everyone in the family will enjoy.
1. Take a trip out to Ōwaka and stop by Earthlore Nature Tours and Activities and meet Inspector Insector in Bug City.
2. Take your little ones to one of the junior 'Learn to Ride' bike parks in Milton and Balclutha
3. Visit one of the skate parks in Lawrence or Kaitangata - a popular place for the local youth
4. The bird aviary at Naish Park is always a favourite, with a duck pond and playground too.
5. There's plenty to see and do in Lawrence. Take a short walk around the Bellview wetlands (open weekends), try your luck gold panning in Gabriels Gully, or have a picnic at Greys Dam.
6. Take a ride on Clutha's free ferry - the Punt at Tuapeka Mouth
8. While the water may be a little cold, there's still plenty of opportunities to play on one of the many beaches through The Catlins, why not build a sandcastle at Kākā Point?
9. Clutha Gold Cycling and Walking Trail - you can cycle the whole trail or for the smaller legs, you can easily cycle sections of the trail.
10. Say hello to the locals (the local wildlife that is!) Surat Bay and Cannibal Bay are some of top spots for spotting New Zealand sea lions.