Silver Fern Farms is New Zealand's leading marketer, processor and exporter of premium quality lamb, beef, venison and associated products. We are a regionally significant business: with annual revenue in excess of $2bn, 7,000 employees, seven offshore offices, 14 processing sites in New Zealand and exporting to over 60 countries.
'Inspirational Food created by Passionate People' is our vision as a food company. We are committed to excellence with a level of skill, expertise and care that allows us to bring the very best of New Zealand to the world.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Systems Assessor
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Hold a tertiary qualification and/or have received training in, or relevant experience in, a similar role.
- Broad-based experience or a sound knowledge of all mandatory quality and compliance requirements for a modern meat plant with a good understanding of their application.
- Excellent knowledge of HACCP principles and application.
- A demonstrated knowledge of the legal and legislative compliance conditions and issues applicable to the meat industry.
- Computer literacy - proficiency in the use of Microsoft (Word, Excel).
- Demonstrates excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- A high standard of English.
- The role requires a level of diplomacy as it often balances between the demands of commercial risk and compliance constraints.
- Accurate record keeping is vital to the function of this position
To apply online, click on "Apply" below to submit your application.