- Are you looking for a rewarding career in the disability sector?
- Are you keen to know about the opportunities to work in the community with the people we support?
Does this sound like you?
- Have skills and experience that can be applied or transferred to the disability sector
- Have experience or a desire to support people with intellectual disabilities
- Have the confidence to advocate for the health and wellbeing of the people we support
- A confident team player with a positive, can-do attitude
We are currently on the search for Support Workers across New Zealand.
Here's your opportunity to teach people to grow and achieve greater independence, support people to live a healthy lifestyle, build and maintain relationships and make sure they learn other skills that support them to be part of their community.
What's on offer?
- Competitive hourly pay rates from $20.50 to $25.50
- Support to achieve Level 2 New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (a minimum qualification requirement for a Support Worker)
- The opportunity to gain further qualifications by enrolling in the Level 3 New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing
- Generous long-service leave entitlements and Insurance benefit
- An insurance package that kicks in after two years of service
- Attractive discounts and exclusive eyecare packages through a leading optometrist
- Special discounts through leading technology retailers and fitness centres
- A collaborative and inclusive culture with flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing
Here are the must haves:
- You must be someone with a desire to learn new skills and gain some qualifications while you work
- You must be able to work across a 7 day a week 24/7 roster (including weekends, evenings and sleepovers)
- You must have legal entitlement to live and work in New Zealand for at least 10 months
- You must have your Full NZ drivers licence or be able to gain this within 3 months
- You must be able to pass a police vetting
If yes, then we want to hear from you!
IHC is New Zealand's largest service provider for people with an intellectual disability. A career with us can be very rewarding and fulfilling. We are committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and actively seek a diverse applicant pool. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We welcome all kinds of diversity and the different perspectives such diversity brings to our work.
If you require assistance or support through the application process, please let us know, so that we can accommodate this. Other accessible formats can also be provided.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.