Stock Manager Wanted in the Lawrence area for 1200 hectare sheep and beef property.
One hour from Dunedin.
The successful applicant will work alongside the farm owner to plan the day to day running of the farm and take on responsibility as you grow into the role.
You will have an open mind and a willingness to learn.
Key attributes required:
- Excellent observation skills and ability to act on observations
- A solid background in farming with at least 5 years practical farming experience
- Understand pasture management, livestock management and animal husbandry
- Have the ability to communicate openly and honestly in a positive manner
- Keep a comprehensive diary of the day to day operations of the farm, stock tally's and animal health treatments
- Have the enthusiasm to achieve targets
- Have the ability to work unsupervised and as a team member
- Have a sound grounding in farm maintenance
- Have a proven ability to operate and maintain farm machinery and vehicles in a safe manner
- Have four good dogs
- Have pride and respect for your workplace
- Experience with fencing would be an advantage
- The applicant must have a full and current driver licence
If you have a high level of integrity, a good attitude and work ethic and thrive on good results then please apply now.
For a job description please email Jim at email@example.com
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.