Gore & Clutha Women's Refuge have job openings for Social/Support Workers and Team Leader - Balclutha based.
The ideal candidates would need to have:
- Previous experience, training or qualified in Social Work is preferred but not essential.
- Information gathering and analysis at intake and investigation phases
- Good communication skills and a demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality are essential.
- Work with families, communities, other agencies and professionals to protect women, children and young persons.
- An ability to engage and empathise with clients and to establish working relationships with agencies, voluntary groups and individuals.
- A commitment to work co-operatively as part of a team, and to be flexible in a changing work environment.
- An understanding of the dynamics of family violence.
- An understanding of and commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi
- Full clean driver’s licence.
Position hours are varied depending on the position and experience. An appointment is subject to Police vetting.
For further information or to apply please email or send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any queries please phone Talia McConnell, Office Manager on 03 208 8384
Applications close Wednesday 26th June, 2019 at 3pm