The continued growth and success of BioGiene is delivering new opportunities for the business and is expanding its service offerings to some of the largest meat processors in New Zealand. This expansion is a significant step forward for the business, as it diversifies the company’s operational portfolio and presents new opportunity for Hygiene Managers, Supervisors and Leading Hands.
Your NEW role
You will be the Site Hygiene Manager responsible for ensuring the night shift operational hygiene at one of BioGiene’s processing sites on the South Island of New Zealand. You will be managing the site by providing contingency; providing supervision and direction to employees; and ensuring health and safety compliance. This will be achieved by:
- Leading by example and driving continuous improvement.
- Building strong relationships with both employees and clients.
- Ensuring company policies and procedures are implemented.
- Looking after company and client property and equipment.
- Controlling documentation and reporting of correct and accurate data.
- Following site safety requirements and reporting any hazards.
- Complying with the Integrated Management System.
- You will also participate in daily cleaning verification checks to ensure the quality outcomes are achieved.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Experience managing teams of people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures.
- Existing experience or knowledge of managing and coordinating staff in Abattoirs, Food Manufacturing or Industrial Cleaning will be highly regarded.
- Effective communication in both verbal and written formats.
- Computer literate and have a basic understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Expert attention to detail.
- Have the ability to manage documentation, including rosters, timesheets, training records, employment verifications and traceability reporting (both internally and for clients)
- Have the ability to work efficiently under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Existing qualifications in Health and Safety, or First Aid would be highly regarded, but not essential.
What you'll get in return:
- You will be given the opportunity to develop new skill sets and techniques to help further your career.
- Successful candidates will also be offered the opportunity of career progression and personal advancement in a nationally renowned company.
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in a role and an opportunity to embark on journey of progression and development, please email an updated copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +64 21 960 267 for further information.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.