To be a successful applicant, you will:
- Have demonstrable skills and experience in working with people with an intellectual disability in aged care services
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Registration with Professional body, where required, e.g. Nursing Council of NZ or NZ Psychological Society
- Annual Practising certificate, where required
- A minimum Level 6 (or equivalent) leadership qualification or willingness to work towards
- A registered health professional with experience in the health and disability sector and managing teams (preferred) or
- A candidate with an interest in the disability sector, transferable skills and an evidenced motivation to learn
- A confident team player with a positive, can-do attitude, able to manage competing demands and understands the balance between co-ordination and administration of your staff, budgets and services and the importance of being out in the community providing a person-centred holistic approach to service support in partnership with staff, the people we support and their families/whanau
Building a career with us is exciting - Hear From Our People
What's on offer?
- A clinical governance team led by our Director of Nursing and Senior Psychologist that supports your ongoing professional development and will involve you in the national communities of practice
- A Leadership Qualification which we will support you through and meet the cost of fees
- A work vehicle that may also be available for reasonable personal use
- A collaborative and inclusive culture with a focus on our people's well-being
- Generous long-service leave entitlements and Insurance benefits
About the role:
- Effective delivery of a quality service through management of the day to day running of allocated services (whether residential, vocational, or Supported Living)
- Professional leadership, support, guidance and management of Support Workers and responsibility for effective management of resources in line with our policies
- Provide guidance and support to other Service Managers and participate positively and proactively in our communities of practice
- Hands-on service delivery role with a degree of flexibility that will include five days across a seven-day Mon - Sun period. Come on-call work will also be required
IHC is one of New Zealand's best loved and supported organisations. IHC advocates for the rights, inclusion and welfare of all people with intellectual disabilities. It's an exciting time to join IHC and this exciting role presents a great opportunity to take ownership, be a team player, bring your thinking in the areas of health and disability to support the effective delivery of a safe and high-quality service.
IHC is committed to building a strong and diverse workforce and actively seek a diverse applicant pool. To be eligible, you must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Want to know more? Feel free to give me a call for a confidential chat.
Applicants can direct enquiries about the position to: Shaye Skiffington 0800WORK4IHC (0800 9675 4442)
- Reference - 14146
- Posted on - 04/04/2019
- Closes on - 22/04/2019 23:55
- Location - Otago/Clutha
- Expertise - Caregiving and Disability Support, Healthcare
- Job level - 3+ years experience, Management, Senior Executive
- Work type - Permanent full-time
- Position description - Service Manager - Specialty focus