Job Ref: 27765
- Lead people through a principles centred approach
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and service excellence
- Deliver an agile, responsive and integrated service to New Zealanders
We are looking for an exceptional leader who has an engaging and people-centric approach to manage our fast moving service centres, Mosgiel and Balclutha.
As a Service Centre Manager you will lead a team of dedicated professionals to deliver outstanding customer service to New Zealanders. You enjoy leading from the front and encouraging service excellence at every opportunity. You will play a key leadership role in an integrated service response. Our five principals (Kotahitanga, Manaakitanga, Whakanui, Whakawhanaungatanga and Hononga) guide you and your team towards success.
Reporting to a Regional Director you'll:
- Provide strong, effective leadership to each Service Centre, ensuring we're working as one, Kotahitanga
- Lead the operation effectively and be responsible for overall site performance, including the successful implementation of Service Delivery and Ministry initiatives
- Create a welcoming and positive environment for our staff - where we look after each other, Manaakitanga, and provide a fantastic service to New Zealanders that need our help
- Motivate, inspire and influence those around you to achieve/exceed targets and expectations - and then take time out to celebrate your successes, Whakanui
- Provide guidance, support and coaching to develop the leadership capability in your teams.
- Build relationships with other MSD teams to make sure we're connected and delivering an integrated service
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with community agencies to improve outcomes for mutual clients
- Represent Service Delivery to promote and facilitate delivery of its services
- Identify key local markets, employers and communities
- Be committed to continuous improvement - always connecting back to our purpose, Hononga, and looking for better ways of delivering our services
- Recruitment and training of new employees
- Performance management and providing individualised coaching
- Assisting in the completion of regular assessments
- Monitoring and reporting on performance at an individual, team and unit level
- Advancing the professional development of the team
- Supporting wider MSD initiatives
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to travel between both centres on a regular basis.
- Supportive, collegial environment
- Regular coaching and development opportunities
- Competitive starting salary in line with skills, experience and performance
How to apply
To apply, click "Apply Now", complete the online application form and submit your CV and cover letter. Your cover letter should outline your suitability for the role and address the key accountabilities outlined in the job description for this role.
Please note: Current MSD employees - please apply through your myHR careers portal at work.
For any questions please contact Annette Sowinski at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 03 955 6546.
Applications close: Friday 17 May 2019.