Downer is one of the largest roading infrastructure services in New Zealand, maintaining over 25,000km of the countries roading. This particular department of Downer is responsible for the maintenance and repair of all State Highways within the Coastal Otago Network.
We are currently seeking Routine Maintenance Patrol Personnel for each of the following areas within the Coastal Otago roading network;
• Lawrence and
As a Patrol Person you’ll be responsible for undertaking programmed inspections and carrying out routine and emergency maintenance for the safety of the public.
In this role you’ll also required doing:
• Pothole repairs of sealed roads
• Clearing of vegetation
• Clearing slips, fallen trees and other obstructions from the carriageway, footpaths and drainage systems
• Roadside rubbish collection
• Maintaining all roadside furniture, which includes painting of all sight rails as required, replacing broken or lost bridge end markets and reflector marker posts
You will also be responsible for identifying and recording data found out in the field using Pocket RAMM software on a PDA (handheld Personal Digital Assistant), excellent record keeping skills are a must.
To be successful in this role you’ll be:
• Ambitious and Keen to Learn
• Flexible around work times due to call outs during the day and to be available for rostered on-call or back up
• Have excellent communication skills
• Strong record keeping skills
• Capable of learning how to use a PDA (handheld computer – similar to a smart phone)
• Must be able to work unsupervised, have initiative and good decision making skills
• Willing to get stuck in and think on the go
It goes without saying but we’ll say it anyway, a clean current full Class 1 drivers licence is essential.
What we offer:
• Full time work with a minimum 40 hours a week
• Paid overtime with benefits
• Uniform, training, safety gear provided
• Career progression with development and training
This is a great time to join the Downer team and take the next step in your career with an organisation committed to the lifelong development of our people.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free – all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.