Job Ref: 27899
Resource Worker (Casual) - Balclutha
- Flexible hours and supportive working environment
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children is committed to putting our children and young people at the heart of everything we do and say.
We are now seeking a casual resource worker in the Balclutha area to provide support services to tamariki and rangatahi. The position forms part of a casual pool of staff that can provide short term contracts as required.
You will be empathetic, responsible and trustworthy as you assist youth getting to and from activities or appointments and provide mentoring and supervision.
Ideally you will have:
- Previous experience caring for or mentoring children and young people.
- A calm demeanour under pressure.
- The ability to quickly build rapport with children and young people.
- Good time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A clean full NZ driver licence.
- New Zealand Citizenship or Residency as this is a Level 4/5 ANZSCO role.
- The ability to meet VCA safety checking and Ministry vetting requirements (e.g. police check).
As a casual you may be called upon to work a shift during the period Monday to Sunday, between 7.30am and 7.30pm. We frequently have work available on Saturday and Sunday. Because our casual pool provides support when relief is required you may be called upon at short notice.
If you think you have what it takes, and are totally committed to doing what's right for children and young people, and helping them to grow up safe and strong, then we'd love to hear from you.
How to apply
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter. Only online applications will be accepted. Your cover letter is an important part of our shortlisting process.
Internal Oranga Tamariki Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
All external applicants - including Ministry of Social Development employees please apply through the apply button and upload your CV and cover letter to our applicant tracking system.
If you have any queries about the role please contact Cathy Bennett at email@example.com.
Applications close: Friday, 22 March 2019.
Position Description - Resource Workerhttp://www.msd.govt.nz/hr/documents/position-descriptions/mvcot/resource-worker-pd-160518.pdf