We need lifeguards to join our Milton swimming pool team for the 2019/20 season. There are several part time positions with a variety of hours available. If you do not hold a lifeguard qualification, we will provide on-the-job training and you’ll be designated as a Swimming Pool Assistant until you’re qualified.
In-house lifeguard training for successful applicants will take place before the pool opens, including comprehensive first aid for anyone who doesn’t have it. Attendance and course costs are paid by the Clutha District Council.
Send applications to
Emailed applications must be in either Microsoft Word format or PDF.
Or post to
Milton Swimming Pool Vacancy
Clutha District Council
P O Box 25
• All applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
• All applications will be acknowledged to the email address provided in your application (preferred method) or posted if email not included.
• Your application will be treated confidentially. Only staff that are involved in the recruitment process will view the information you provide in your application.
• After the closing date, relevant staff will shortlist the applicants for the interview process.
• Those applicants selected for interview will be contacted by us to arrange a date/time.
• If you are selected for an interview, be prepared to sign a police vetting form authorizing the Clutha District Council to seek a police report on you.
• We will notify unsuccessful applicants at an appropriate stage of the recruitment process. We are not obliged to provide a reason why you were not successful with your application.