Sanford's vision is to be the best seafood company in the world. We are proud of our 100+ years of seafood history and are passionate about our industry. At Sanford we constantly strive to improve our operating processes, to preserve and enhance the quality of our seafood and protect our pristine resource.
We are looking for a Hatchery Operations Manager to join and lead our team based across our Salmon Hatcheries located in Kaitangata and Waitaki, We require someone with exceptional people skills and a focus on excellence to assume full operational control of the Hatchery Operations.
Reporting to the General Manager of Aquaculture the successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring our hatchery operations in Kaitangata and Waitaki produce high quality salmon smolt for transportation to our aquaculture farm at Big Glory Bay, Stewart Island. The Hatchery Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring all regulations, acts of government and New Zealand law are adhered to.
This is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of Sanford’s senior aquaculture leadership group working with other functional managers across our salmon business to ensure an end to end consistent best practice approach is adopted, maintained and improved across the operation.
To be successful in this role you will need demonstrated experience in a similar leadership role, a recognised qualification in aquaculture the following key attributes and skills:
• Adaptability – Can work in changing environments and effectively reprioritise work as and when required
• Communication – Able to communicate effectively with both your team and members of the wider organisation - verbally and in writing
• Leadership – Leads and motivates others by example and can coordinate resources effectively and efficiently (previous experience in a leadership role will be an advantage)
• Business acumen - Have a hands-on approach, operational insight, analytical ability and courage to challenge the status quo.
• Health and Safety – An understanding of how to manage Health and Safety in the workplace.
If this sounds like you and you are up for the challenge, please forward a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your experience and background and how these align with the key attributes required for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5.00pm on Friday 5 April 2019