We have a fulltime position available for a Senior Farm Assistant on our 500 cow farm near Clydevale.
You will be assisting the current managers with the following duties :
- milking 500 cows through a 40 aside Herringbone (experience in a Herringbone shed preferred but not essential)
- Vat & Plant wash and cleaning the shed to a high standard
- basic pasture and herd management (including putting up and removing break fences)
- general stock work
- basic farm maintenance
- tractor work (must be confident on rolling terrain)
- general farm duties including fencing and weed spraying
- Animal husbandry (detection and treatment of any health issues)
The ideal candidate will need to have a genuine passion for dairy farming. Must also be reliable, honest, self-motivated and be able to work individually and within a team. They must have a "can-do" attitude, be willing to learn and have good communication skills. We require an applicant to be able to make good effective decisions under pressure.
You must have at least 3 years dairy farm experience.
The ideal candidate will have a full a drivers licence and able to ride a 2 and 4 wheeler on all types of terrain.
There is also the potential for regular relief milking work for a partner .
Applicants must be willing to take random drug and alcohol tests when required and agree to a police check being carried out prior to employment.
Must be a NZ resident or have a current work visa in the South Otago area.
Accommodation - 6 Bedroom house with 2 heatpumps, log burner and heat transfer system. Kitchen, bathroom, living/dining and 2 bedrooms have been recently renovated.