TA Whiteside and Co is a family farming business based in Waiwera South, South Otago. We are an 850 hectare arable farm, with a mix of small seeds and cereal crops.
We are on the lookout for an experienced tractor/machinery operator to join our small but great team. The full-time job includes spraying, other machinery operating, and maintenance of plant/machinery.
We require someone who has:
- At least two years of agricultural machinery operation.
- A passion for agriculture machinery.
- Honesty, punctuality, and commitment to customer service.
- Has or is willing to obtain a current chemical handling certificate.
- Accurate record and time keeping skills.
- A high standard of workmanship and machinery care
- Must be able to work in a team environment and also be comfortable working alone.
- A good understanding of general servicing of machinery along with the willingness to spend time repairing and maintaining tractors and other implements.
- Willingness and ability to work extended hours when required during busy periods
- Experience with Drilling, spray operation and Combine Harvest operation would be a bonus.
- Have past experience with stock management have general farm hand skills.
- A positive work environment in a great team.
- Modern equipment.
- Variation of work within the role
- Generous Remuneration based on experience and performance.
- A five year old, 3 bedroom house 2 minutes walk from a great country primary school.
- The secondary school bus stop into Balclutha is also a 2 minute walk away.
Please contact Craig for more information
Applications close 30 June 2019.