Want to work in a hip, new fast-food start-up in Balclutha? We're looking for a head cook to help lead our team in delivering great food, and even greater customer service.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
Prepare and cook food in a fast food restaurant with a limited menu. Duties of these cooks are limited to preparation of a few basic items and normally involve operating large-volume single-purpose cooking equipment.
- Food preparation techniques: Apply food preparation techniques including the selecting, washing, cooling, peeling, preparing of dressings and cutting of ingredients.
- Food cutting tools: Trim, peel and slice products with knives, paring or food cutting tools or equipment according to guidelines.
- Cooking techniques: Apply cooking techniques including grilling and frying.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Nutrition: The science that investigates the various substances and nutrients (proteins, carbohydrates, tannins, anthocyanins, vitamins, and minerals) and their interaction in food products.
- Composition of diets: The planning, selection, composition and manufacturing of diets for healthy and ill persons.
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Order and take delivery of supplies.
- Cook the exact number of items ordered by each customer, working on several different orders simultaneously.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment, such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Prepare and serve beverages, such as milkshakes or fountain drinks.
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Read food order slips or receive verbal instructions as to food required by patron, and prepare and cook food according to instructions.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Lydon.firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “There’s a new business coming to town”.