Take the opportunity to join a reputable long standing company with lots of diverse and challenging commercial and industrial projects. With a thirst for building innovation, pride in traditional business values and a commitment to 'build it right, every time', Calder Stewart has been a recognised leader in the New Zealand building industry for more than 60 years.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a customer focused and responsive Assistant Distribution Manager to join our team, based in Milton. You will be responsible for safely managing the timely and efficient transport of logs and building materials to deliver the required customer service levels while driving continuous improvement in Safety, Service and Productivity.
Whether you are experienced in transport or, have some experience, but looking to grow a long-term career in transport management, this role could be for you. Reporting directly to the Distribution Manager, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to -
- Advocating safety procedures across both in house and third-party trucking fleets, through training, audits and incident management
- Managing performance to ensure the most efficient use of fleet, facilities, resources and personnel
- Leading a continual improvement culture within the distribution team
- Manage the maintenance schedule for the fleet
- Improving our Customer's experience by developing strong relationships with key customers
- Provide leadership to Drivers and subcontractors
- Achieving delivery of orders in full and on time to customers
- Completion of load planning and dispatch documentation for deliveries
- Dispatching and route planning for deliveries
As our successful candidate you will be motivated to engage with and drive the best out of your team, you strive for continuous improvement and you have a passion for ensuring a safe work environment for all employees and visitors onsite. A knowledge of logistics and supply chain principles, exceptional organisational, time and personnel management skills are essential in your success. Experience in operations planning will be highly regarded. Additionally, we require;
- Full NZ Drivers License
- Previous experience in the Transport Industry, with precast or structural steel cartage is preferred, but not essential as training will be provided
- In-depth understanding of all NZTA regulations and loading code
- Knowledge of the forestry and construction industries
- Aware of Health and Safety requirements in a work place
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient user of software systems, for example E Road, ICOS
Culture and Benefits
In return, we offer you an opportunity to join a solid, long standing and reputable company. We're committed to providing a safe, diverse, satisfying and fulfilling workplace for all of our people. We value integrity, trust and teamwork. We believe that people perform best when they are empowered, accountable and recognised and we're passionately committed to supporting our people in their career aspirations.
For further information, please visit our website www.calderstewart.co.nz
Calder Stewart is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. A negative drug test result will be a condition of any offer of employment.