We require a friendly and hard working apprentice to join our small team of good sorts based in our Balclutha branch.
What does the trade involve?
Plumbers, gasfitters and drainlayers assemble, install, and repair pipes, drains, fixtures and fittings that supply water and gas or remove waste. Plumbers work in varied locations and every job is different.
Why is plumbing a top job?
Servicing our communities since 1934, we are a well-established Dunedin plumbing, drainage, gas-fitting, electrical and mechanical business with around 220 staff across our ten NZ locations. We are proud to have a staff who love working for us, as shown by outstanding results in our employee survey. At Foleys you will be part of a close knit, family-orientated team where good pay, career development, and support are available to you.
About the role
You will join our team permanently and be trained to be a well-rounded trades person. For four years you will learn about all the different aspects of plumbing and drainage – service, new builds, commercial plumbing etc., and if possible we would like you to also do an extra year to get your gas-fitting ticket too!
You will start off helping our plumbers with their tasks, doing what needs to be done and learning as you go. Over the years of your apprenticeship you will increasingly become more skilled, more responsible, and more independent, finally becoming a confident tradie in your own company van!
• Have NCEA minimum level 2 (maths and technical subjects preferred)
• Are experienced in, or have a demonstrated interest in hands-on / workshop activities
• Are willing to commit to both the study and work required to successfully complete your apprenticeship qualification
• Have a clean driver’s license and the ability to drive a manual vehicle (or a willingness to learn)
• Have the fitness for this sometimes physical role
• Know the Balclutha area well (preferred)
We are an equal employment opportunities employer and support women in the trades.
If this great opportunity sounds like you we’d love to hear from you!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.