We are all about making things happen:
Promoting growth by making sure both urban and rural land is available for potential investment opportunities.
- Make sure the best possible technology services are available in the Clutha District - RBI Broadband Initiative
- Maximise the potential of our natural resources
- Support our towns and make sure there is the social infrastructure to encourage growth economically and culturally
- Help develop tourism activities and enterprises that will attract people to the district.
- Grow a pool of talented people that will lead the district.
- Encourage community leadership.
Examples of maximising growth opportunities:
To ensure Clutha is a great place to live and work, we need a diverse and vibrant workforce and focus on the following key areas:
- Creating the right environment to attract and retain skilled and talented people in Clutha.
- Strengthening mutually beneficial relationships between the business and
- Ensuring our businesses understand the impacts and opportunities of an ageing workforce.
- The population of Clutha is approximately 17,000 with many working in a number of key industry and employment sectors – primary, manufacturing, retail trade and services, and social services.
These sectors are likely to be responsible for the majority of Clutha’s wealth, investment and employment growth going forward.
Clutha draws on a wide pool of talented people and sectors like the primary industries and the health services sectors are attracting a growing international workforce.
Our central location also makes commuting from other centres or rural locations a viable option.